About Us & Our Culture
We, employees, need a much more engaging solution around our compensation, and that’s why Cobee was born. Since we created Cobee back in November 2018, our vision has been unwavering: to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work. As we fight for that vision, we truly believe that we can improve the overall well-being of employees while we make them feel more engaged with their companies.
We began with a single benefit, and today we offer a diverse range of benefits in three countries, with a team of more than 150 talented people across the globe. We have raised more than €55 Million in venture capital funding backed by world-class investors. While much has changed since our humble beginnings, we stay true to what we believe and to our culture:
Humble Excellence: We are a team committed to excellence and delivering top-notch results. We make informed decisions and collaborate to succeed, while also approaching our endeavors with low ego and open-mindedness. We support our teammates and give them the opportunity to shine.
Team Innovation: We are trailblazers, disrupting the status quo and creating something new. We embrace risk and challenge ourselves to think creatively, fostering teamwork and diversity to fuel our ideas. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and have a say in decision-making.
Lean Ownership: Lean Ownership means owning our actions and outcomes, and proactively seeking ways to improve the company for the long haul. We prioritize and simplify to move quickly and work with full autonomy to be agile.
About The Role
Cobee is on a scaling mission going through high growth. After scaling from 40 to +150 people in less than 1 year, we are looking to keep creating an amazing team, launching new markets across the globe, and implementing the best culture out there.
We seek a Head of People to build and execute a winning strategy to match our ambitions.
As we expand, you will establish a strong vision for the Cobee team, being responsible for leading Cobee and the People team through its next growth phase. You are a strategic thought leader with regard to people’s experience and a strong operations leader with a lens for the process.
You will be critical in ensuring that Cobee's values and culture are top of mind in every hiring decision that is made while continuing to develop a best-in-class employee experience through forward-looking and innovative policies and frameworks around compensation, benefits, and the promotion of health & wellness.
- Lead a team that is responsible for people strategy and operations, talent acquisition and development and employee experience.
- Be a strategic business partner and work cross-functionally building and optimizing Organizational Design and processes, including around hybrid-remote culture.
- Develop and implement HR programs and initiatives that support our culture, including employee engagement, training and development, and performance management.
- Be the steward of Cobee’s values, mission, and culture of excellence and ownership across the company while developing a feedback loop to measure employee engagement and feedback.
- Strategize and execute our hiring roadmap in coordination with senior leadership.
- Establish a strong Development & Growth culture geared towards retaining talent.
- Act as a Cobee ambassador within the HR community.
5+ years of experience in people operations, organizational development or HR business partnership, with experience in VC-backed high-growth tech companies.
- Extensive people management experience, demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent and lead efforts cross-functionally and throughout the business.
- Excellent understanding of employment laws.
- Experience helping teams and organizations grow and evolve; Ability to share meaningful examples of high-impact org design, org strategy, and guiding org capabilities at scale.
- Experience in scaling teams and establishing a winning culture internationally.
- Experience using metrics and analytics to guide program design and strategic decision-making and guidance.
- Excellent communication. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish and English is required.
Why should you join Cobee?
- Excellence - We are driven by building great and impactful solutions to change the employee benefits industry in the long run. In everything we do, we go for the excellence approach.
- Sustainable growth - We always keep a bootstrap mindset while we keep growing! We do this in a very sustainable way and with a lot of substance: growth and profitability are not a contradiction, and we love to find the right balance.
- Non-hierarchical innovators - We listen to everyone. No matter their position. We try to ensure that the people who implement are part of the decision-making.
We are willing to meet you! Cobee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.